Information & Help
Serbia is located in the Central European time zone region – GMT +1 or GMT +2 during Daylight saving time. As in most cities of Continental Europe, the electricity voltage in Belgrade is 220V. Electrical outlets are standard European. The electric socket used is the European CEE7/7 "Schuko" as well as its non-grounded equivalent, the European CEE7/16 "Europlug". If your equipment uses different sockets, make sure that you bring appropriate adapters.
In Serbia, mobile telephone services are provided by three companies. National MTS, Austrian VIP Mobile and Norwegian Telenor.
- MTS - basic information
- Telekom Serbia (MTS) is licensed for the GSM system in a frequency range of 900 MHz since August 9th 1997.
- Roaming is possible in 129 countries and for 279 networks in foreign mobile operators.
- the commercial use in the UMTS network
- UMTS technology provides high speed data transfers, TV broadcast and video call services
- Identification code for (IMSI) MTS network is 220-03GSM prefixes are 064 (international: +381 64), 065 (International +381 65) and 066 (International +381 66).
- Telenor - basic information
- Telenor has a license to operate GSM networks in the range of 900 MHz and 1800 MHz for UMTS / IMT-2000 network in the range of 2100 MHz.
- Identification code for (IMSI) Telenor is 220-01, and Telenor prefixes are 062 (International +381 62) 063 (international: +381 63) and 069 (International +381 69).
- Roaming is possible in 158 countries and for 369 networks in foreign mobile operators.
- There is also 3G and 3.5G service
- Vip - basic information
- Identification of the network is 220-05, GSM network prefixes are 060 (international: +381 60) 061 (International +381 61) and 068 (International +381 68).
- Vip Mobile GSM - 900 MHz and 1800 MHz, and UMTS (3G) 2100 MHz network in several locations in Serbia, mostly in major cities and main roads.
- Roaming is possible in 52 countries and for 76 foreign mobile network operators.
In any case of emergency you may call this numbers:
- Police +381 (0)11 192
- Medical +381 (0)11 194
- Fire department +381 (0)11 193
- Road assistance +381 (0)11 1987